Send Me A Message
I have been in real estate for 36 years and have sold more homes in our Woodside Plaza Neighborhood than just about anybody. I grew up in a real estate family just 2 miles from Woodside Plaza and learned about building and land development from a young age. After college, I joined my father’s company, L. B. Nelson Corporation, a publicly traded building and land development company. I worked in Land Division and eventually led a 5 member team, acquiring large land parcels throughout Northern California for early stage residential and mixed use development. I and my team’s land acquisitions led to over 1500 developed homes.
In 1992, just after marrying my wife, Robin, I left the company to pursue being a real estate agent. After joining Cornish & Carey, which later became Coldwell Banker, in Menlo Park, I knew I had found my calling. That is when we moved to Redwood City and just two years later, to Woodside Plaza and have been there ever since.
In 2015, I left Coldwell Banker to co-found the prop-tech/fin-tech startup, Reali. We launched in Palo Alto in 2016 and expanded throughout Northern California. By 2019, we were all over California and in late 2021, we completed a successful Series B round of $250M to bring us across the country. In late 2022, I returned to Coldwell Banker with a very different perspective and a whole new vision of what real estate can be.
A few local achievements:
- I served as Chairman of the Woodside Plaza Neighborhood Association from 1997 to 2015, serving alongside Samie for the last 3 of those years. Samie and I are now Co-Chairs of our Association again.
- I received The Redwood City Community Building Award, in recognition for service to the community by building community pride through our neighborhood parties and other events. This award has been near and dear to my heart, and Samie and I put in a lot of work into that to make it what it is.
- I served for many years on the board of Redwood City’s Police Activities League and worked with a great group of people. My favorite part of that was working on The Redwood City P.A.L. Blues Festivals. Great bands and great memories!
- I served as a board member for Redwood City’s Chamber of Commerce for several years
- I served as a board member for Menlo Park’s Chamber of Commerce for several years
- I served as one of the Redwood City Ambassadors to promote the new Downtown
I’m a real estate agent with Coldwell Banker Realty in Palo Alto, CA and the nearby area, providing home-buyers and sellers with professional, responsive and attentive real estate services. Want an agent who’ll really listen to what you want in a home? Need an agent who knows how to effectively market your home so it sells? Give me a call! I’m eager to help and would love to talk to you.